Uniform & Equipment
Students must wear full Academy uniform at all times when they are within the Academy or on an Academy visit, unless otherwise stated.
Parents/carers will require the Academy’s LEA code to access the Academy specific uniform which is: LEA00924SC
Uniform List 2020
- Full uniform is required to be worn properly in the academy.
- Shirts should be plain white, no logos and remain tucked in.
- Blazers must be worn at all times on and around the academy site unless the Principal states otherwise in cases of extreme hot weather; within classes students may ask their teacher for permission to remove blazers.
- Trousers should be plain black with absolutely no logos or highly noticeable zips etc. They must be appropriate school trousers with a loose leg fit and not jeggings, jeans or pencil tight trousers. Trousers must be to the shoe and not cropped.
- If a belt is worn it must have a plain, small buckle
- Students must wear plain black shoes with no stripes, large or coloured bows, clips or badges.
- All students wearing trousers must wear plain black socks with no logo and not sports/trainer socks.
- Students may wear an academy jumper, and this must not be tucked in.
- If your child is wearing uniform items that are non-compliant with the above, they will be instructed to wear items provided by the academy.
- Plain black tailored trousers (see above) not skinny
- Black skirts must be of an acceptable length and should sit on or just above the knee and should not be tight fitting. Girls wearing a skirt must wear at least 60 denier plain black tights.
- Trousers should be plain black with absolutely no logos or highly noticeable zips etc. and must be appropriate loose leg school trousers and not jeggings, jeans or pencil tight/skinny trousers.
- Hair bobbles must be black or purple. A black snap-shut hair clip can also be worn. No other hair accessories are permitted.
- PE kit all students: Navy blue football socks, navy blue shorts and navy blue polo shirt with Freebrough logo.
- Navy blue tracksuit bottoms may be worn – these should be plain with no stripes or large logos/brand names. Small logos are permissible.
- Black leggings are permitted to be worn underneath shorts.
- Students are encouraged to wear long sleeved navy blue or black base layer t -shirts under their kit in the cold weather
- Girls: Navy blue PE hoody only with Freebrough logo
- Boys: Navy blue reversible rugby shirt with royal side detail.
- Boys are encouraged to buy gum shields for rugby (sold in school)
- All students are encouraged to buy football boots for football / rugby / cross country lessons.
- Stockists: Trutex
- All students must have a school bag with planner, pencil case, pen, pencil, eraser and ruler.
- All year 7 and 8 students must bring their reading book in their reading folder.
Jewellery and Make-up
- No Make-up or nail varnish is allowed. False nails are not permitted. Fake tan is not allowed.
- No jewellery is allowed to be worn. No exceptions. A wrist watch is the only item students are able to wear.
Mobile Phones / smart watches and other electronic technology: to be switched off at the academy line and kept out of view in their school bag. They must remain switched off until students cross the academy line at the end of the day. If your child is seen with any of the items above in the academy, they will be confiscated, placed in the safe and will only be returned to their parent / carer.
- Hair styles must be simple and any hair colouring must look natural.
- The Academy does not permit hairstyles that reflect the extremes of fashion – unnatural or extravagant colours, extensions, beads or designs cut into the hair are not permitted.